Chinese vice-premier meets information technology firm's chief
Thursday, Feb 23,2012, 9:20:46 PM
Chinese Vice Premier Zhang Dejiang met here Wednesday [22 February] with Ginni Rometty, president and chief executive officer of information technology giant IBM Corporation.
Zhang hailed the existing cooperation between IBM and its Chinese partners, calling on the two sides to further such cooperation in order to realize a win-win situation and promote the development of Sino-U.S. relations.
Rometty, as a guest of the Chinese People's Association for Friendship with Foreign Countries, pledged to enhance cooperation with China, especially in high-tech sectors.
You may also be interested in:
IT service provider Beijing Ultrapower Software Co., Ltd (Ultrapower; SZSE:
The number of websites on the mainland almost halved last year, an official
The number of Internet users was up 1,750 per cent in Turkey in the last
At least this is what Edita Tahiri, head of the Kosova delegation to the
About This Article
Beirut: Today, the regime of Bashar al-Assad is freely using surveillance
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- Kosovo envoy reveals deal with Serbia on free movement, customs, telecom
- Turkey says number of Internet users reaches 35m
- Hong Kong paper reports 41 per cent Chinese websites closed in one year
- Chinese authorities shut 829 websites in action against online cheating
- Rwandan court gives government go-ahead to sell off Libyan-owned telecoms firm
- Hong Kong daily views Chinese media practice in light of UK phone hacking issue
- Iran police installing video monitoring systems on major roads
- Libyan leader says "this the hour of defiance"
- Iran official urges media to avoid promoting "insecurity" in society
- Afghan paper views local forces' capacity in security transferred areas