Kazakh opposition leaders freed after serving 15-day arrest
Tuesday, Feb 14,2012, 8:33:53 PM
Having served a 15-day arrest for organizing an unauthorized rally, Amirzhan Kosanov, the secretary-general of the opposition Nationwide Social-Democratic Party "Azat", has been released from a special detention centre for those arrested on administrative charges.
"I was released yesterday. I feel excellent, in cheerful mood. I had a good sleep for 15 days, had a rest and had talks with the contingent of the special detention centre," Amirzhan Kosanov told Interfax-Kazakhstan on Monday [13 February].
A 15-day arrest was also ended for Amirbek Togusov, the chairman of the Almaty branch of the party.
[Passage omitted: the leaders of the party, Bolat Abilov, Amirzhan Kosanov and Amirbek Togusov, were arrested on 28 January for organizing an unauthorized protest action in Almaty against the arrest of other opposition figures]
You may also be interested in:
South Korean President Lee Myung-bak and Saudi King Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz al
China has played a significant role in the economic progress of Pakistan ever
The visit to China by Sudanese President Umar al-Bashir is a cementing of the
The Communist Party of China (CPC) must adhere to and improve the socialist
The chairman of the Independent Commission for Supervision of the
About This Article
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- Afghan watchdog backs electoral tribunal's decision to disqualify some MPs
- China president urges party to hold socialism banner high
- Kenyan paper urges China to exert "positive influence" on Khartoum government
- Slovenia welcomes Croatia's completion of EU talks
- Zimbabwean ruling party keen to boost ties with Chinese leaders
- Former Russian intelligence officer's defence appeals against 25-year sentence
- Yemeni opposition coalition approves formation of "National Council"
- Pakistan to "greatly benefit" from increased cooperation with China
- Newspaper says West ignores problems with democracy in Albania
- Bahrain National Dialogue: Participants agree on political, economic issues