Agency hails late leader for turning North Korea into "military power"
Tuesday, Feb 14,2012, 8:41:54 PM
The Korean people are recollecting leader Kim Jong-il's great life with the approach of the Day of the Shining Star, his birthday (February 16).
Born in Mt. Paektu, a sacred mountain of revolution, in the period of the hard-fought anti-Japanese war, he wisely led the Korean Workers' Party, army and people, performing great feats for the country and people and for the times and history.
He regarded it as his lifelong mission to carry forward the revolutionary cause of juche started in Mt. Paektu. He developed the juche idea, the Songun (songun [military-first]) idea founded by President Kim Il-sung as the guiding idea in the era of independence.
Kim Jong-il made a good example in accomplishing the cause of perpetuating the memory of the President and put the national dignity and power on the highest level.
He paid much effort to putting the munitions industry on the Juche-oriented and modern basis.
What is his greatest feat is that he creditably defended the socialist gains and turned the DPRK into an invincible political and military power and nuclear state by dint of songun [military-first] politics.
He encouraged all the people to turn out in the effort for making a great progress in socialist construction.
In juche 100 (2011) alone, he made uninterrupted field guidance tours of Jagang and South Hamgyong provinces and all other parts of the country, inspiring all people to carry on an industrial revolution in the new century.
He also had North-South summits in Pyongyang in 2000 and 2007 and adopted historic declarations, ushering in the June 15 era of reunification.
He conducted energetic external activities for the victory of the cause of socialism, world peace and stability and friendship and solidarity among people under the banner of independence against imperialism to make great feats in the effort for the independence of humankind.
Indeed, his whole life is a heroic one of a great revolutionary who pioneered a new path with an iron will and energetic activities, holding high the red flag.
You may also be interested in:
The US has denied Wednesday [13 July] that it backed Lebanon's version of
About This Article
A senior member of Tehrik-i-Taleban Pakistan's [TTP] intelligence group was
The operator of the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant said
Three groups of countries which may react to the implementation of Iran's
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- USA denies endorsing Lebanese version of maritime border with Israel
- PM says Pakistan "responsible" nuclear weapon state
- Russia's top court clears way for reopening high-profile Lukoil road crash case
- North Korean news agency delegation returns after US visit
- Nitrogen injected into crippled Japan reactor to reduce risk of hydrogen blasts
- China provides free health insurance to over 400,000 children
- Pakistan assured of continued US civilian assistance
- Russian businessman detained on charges of fraud over nuclear cruiser refit
- US must help Pakistan to ensure problems do not create issues for world
- Chinese premier urges stronger efforts to save energy, cut emissions