Iran scientists sign petition on continuation of peaceful nuclear programme
Thursday, Feb 23,2012, 8:49:07 PM
A number of Iranian nuclear scientists signed a petition released here on Wednesday which stresses their commitment to continue peaceful nuclear progresses.
They signed the petition on the sideline of their today [22 February] meeting with Ayatollah Khamene'i the Supreme Leader of the Islamic Revolution.
"Iranian scientists are committed to disappoint the enemies of Iran progresses and to exhilarated the oppressed people of the world; hostile powers should know that assassinations will not stop Iranian scientists and it will strengthen their commitment to defend Iranian nation's right for the peaceful use of nuclear energy," it said.
The Supreme Leader of the Islamic Revolution, Ayatollah Khamenei, met this morning with a number of Iranian nuclear scientists. At the meeting, His Eminence said that the biggest outcome of the nuclear achievements by young Iranian scientists is that they have created a sense of national dignity in Iran.
He stressed: "The Iranian nation has never been after nuclear weapons and it will never go after such weapons. The Iranian nation will prove to the world that nuclear weapons do not bring about power. The people can shatter the kind of power that is based on nuclear weapons by relying on their talents and their human and natural capacities."
You may also be interested in:
- Iran has "lots of hidden capabilities" to counter enemies - defence minister
- Iran minister says foreign "interference" in Syrian affairs "aggravating factor"
- China calls for continued cooperation between Iran, UN nuclear watchdog
- Iran does not need to sell oil to European countries
- Iran scientists sign petition on continuation of peaceful nuclear programme
Karachi: The second batch of two modified P3C aircraft was inducted into
The commander of the Military [Persian: Artesh] Navy Rear-Admiral Habibollah
Zabihollah Mojahed: According to the latest report from Konar Province, Watapur
Reports of the attack by Taleban fighters on the Intercontinental Hotel in
About This Article
As part of its plan to deploy a two-layer ballistic missile defence system,
The Komsomolsk-na-Amure Aviation Production Association (KnAAPO) will complete
A member of the Iranian Parliament (Majlis) says the military manoeuvres of the
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- Military drills convey Iran's message of power to regional countries
- Russia:convicted Chechen man joined rebels out of revenge for killed relative
- Gunship helicopters target militants' positions in Pakistan tribal area
- Slovene PM briefs NATO head about decision to consult allies on Afghan mission
- Russia condemns hotel attack in Afghan capital
- Serbian institute to unveil new drone
- Russian paper reports on unit equipped with new missiles
- Russian military observer clarifies Bulava missile announcements
- Taleban report fighting with government, US forces in Watapur in Afghan east
- PM says US told drone attacks "unacceptable" to Pakistan