Iran Oil Company to issue bonds worth 15bn dollars
Sunday, Jul 17,2011, 3:28:49 PM
Managing-Director of the National Iranian Oil Company Ahmad Qalebani has said that oil bonds worth 15bn dollars will be issued this year, Fars reported.
Qalebani said that during 1389 (21 March 2010-20 March 2011), there was a 90 per cent increase in capital investment in the National Oil Company as compared to the average investment during 1386 to 1388 (21 March 2007 to 21 March 2009).
The managing-director added that a significant part of these investments came from the sale of oil bonds and the Iranian people purchased bonds worth 7.5bn dollars.
In the current year 1390 (21 March 2011-20 March 2012), the Oil Company plans to issue bonds worth 15bn dollars, he added.
He highlighted: "Being less dependent on the government budget for the development of the National Iranian Oil Company is a big task, which is being taken care of gradually."
Source: Fars News Agency website, Tehran, in Persian 0421gmt 17 Jul 11
You may also be interested in:
- Iran has "lots of hidden capabilities" to counter enemies - defence minister
- Iran minister says foreign "interference" in Syrian affairs "aggravating factor"
- China calls for continued cooperation between Iran, UN nuclear watchdog
- Iran does not need to sell oil to European countries
- Iran scientists sign petition on continuation of peaceful nuclear programme
The manufacturing purchasing managers' index (PMI) rose slightly to 47.9 in
A partner of CDH Investments recently disclosed that the company was now
The World Bank (WB) has provided 7.024bn rupees (99m dollars) for to implement
Everyone knows that one can earn on shares when the price goes up. Today you
Iranian President Mahmud Ahmadinezhad has criticized Western sanctions against
Japanese and South Korean finance ministers agreed Friday [1 July] that the two
About This Article
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- Pakistan police say two NATO tankers torched to claim insurance money
- Iran exports gas condensate worth over 913m dollars
- Japan, South Korea to strengthen cooperation to prevent financial crises
- Iranian economy developing despite Western sanctions
- Latvian commentary questions accession to "default zone" Eurozone
- World Bank grants 99m dollars for Nepal-India power project
- Iran Oil Company to issue bonds worth 15bn dollars
- British firm urged to refund Tanzania radar funds
- Russian businessman plans media project to probe global corruption
- Iran to launch 6th phase of subsidies distribution next week - agency