Official says Pakistan focusing on regional trade
Wednesday, Mar 07,2012, 3:24:32 PM
Advisor to Prime Minister Mirza Ikhtiar Baig on Tuesday [28 February] said that focus is being given to regional trade to boost economy of the country.
Talking to a private television channel, he said that efforts were being made to improve the trade with regional countries and added that South Asia is the best place for investment purpose. All the countries are eying on South Asia for trade purposes, he said.
Replying to a question, he said that cement industry of Pakistan has rich potential which can be utilized in a proper manner.
He stressed the need for enhancing business relations with Central Asian States. Amin Hashwani the president of Pakistan-India Business Forum, said that there was need to utilize the resources of the country including Thar Coal to get self-sufficiency in the energy sector.
He said that joint ventures with India would be helpful for the people of this region.
You may also be interested in:
- Official says Pakistan focusing on regional trade
- Pakistan PM says "no alternative to democracy" for political stability
- Pakistan, Malaysia business council vow to increase bilateral trade, investment
- BlackBerry firm refuses to offer data over Pakistan memo case
- Pakistan paper says "unprovoked aggression" against Iran will destabilize world
The Party and State highly appreciated the contribution of the Joint Venture
About This Article
A Chinese UN ambassador on Tuesday [21 February] urged the international
China pledged on Friday [15 July] it will abide by World Trade Organization
- Most Read
- Most Discussed
- Most Emailed
- Iranian TV programme focuses on insurance industry
- Vietnamese PM praises role of joint oil venture with Russia
- China to abide by WTO rules in rare earth production
- China, Ireland aim to boost trade partnership
- Russian paper says president attempts to woo business ahead of campaign
- Turkey to continue electricity supplies to Greek Cypriots
- Karachay-Cherkessia to start checking websites for content fueling ethnic hatred
- EU commisssioner considers banning country ratings
- China: Macao kicks off trade fair
- China, Taiwan agree to accelerate negotiations on investment promotion accord